Planning the Perfect Christmas Party
Whether you’re planning a wedding, a corporate party or a family gathering, there’s something about Christmas that makes it extra special. Think mulled wine, crackling fires and beautifully decorated Christmas trees, and you’re already on your way to transforming your event into a festive winter wonderland.
Here are some ideas for planning the perfect Christmas party.
- When planning your colour scheme, choose a combination of festive colours such as red and green, gold and cream, or white and silver.
- Use candles, holly, pine cones, or sprayed branches and twigs to create a festive centrepiece.
- Poinsettias create a splash of colour and are easily available at this time of year. To create a truly spectacular winter wonderland, hire a fake snow machine to adorn the entrance.
- Transform your banqueting chairs by decorating them in fabric and giant bows to match your Christmas colour scheme.
- Fairy lights add a touch of romance to your venue. They can be used outside to decorate trees and bushes, and inside to transform your ceiling into a star-filled night sky or to create a stunning backdrop.
- Don’t forget the Christmas trees! Decorate them to complement your chosen colour scheme. Mini trees can be used as table decorations.
Food and Drink
- Mulled wine served with seasonal canapés is the ideal start to your Christmas party. Or if you’re hosting a drinks reception, serve champagne cocktails with dainty amuse-bouches canapés.
- Choose a buffet with carvery based on a variation of the traditional Christmas dinner.
- For a special touch, you could arrange to have a dedicated carver for each table. Offer a selection of rich, chocolate-based desserts as an alternative to traditional Christmas pudding.
Creative Cover Hire can help transform your Christmas party into a stunning festive event. Contact us today on 01772 614461 for more inspiration and ideas.